Here is the recipe for the Salame al cioccolato we made for our series on #NursesInTheKitchen! (A vegan version is included too! ) It’s easy and simple to make, you only need a few ingredients and it’s DELICIOUS
What you will need:
** Try adding a coffee liquor and vanilla essence if you fancy a stronger flavour. However, keep in mind that the amount of liquid inside the recipe should be always the same.
Next, how to make it.
1. Melt the choccolate gently with a bain marie method and set to one side to cool down slightly.
2. In a bowl with a wooden spoon, mix the sugar and butter together until you have a nice smooth consistency (use your hands at first if you are finding the butter is still a little bit too hard). 🧈
3. Add the eggs to the sugar and butter mixture and mix well until it is all nicely combined. If you are using milk instead or a liqueur or vanilla add this now too. 🥚
4. Now add the melted choccolate to the butter, sugar and egg mix then mix well. 🥄
5. Finally crumble the biscuits with your hand into small pieces (it doesn't matter if they are different sizes, that’s perfect) and then add them to the mixture. Mix well until is all combined.
6. Cut a long piece of parchment or baking paper. Sprinkle some icing sugar all around the paper and spread the choccolate mixture on top to create a long rectangle shape. Roll up the paper and wrap it like a big piece of candy (giving it a cylindrical shape, just like a salami!) Leave in the fridge to set until it’s nice and firm (about 4 - 5 hours).
7. Serve with coffee or tea or even with ice cream (delicious!!) Enjoy! ️